Pray 10k - Pray for Our Youth
As I remember my youth, visions of Ferris Beuller's day off fill my memories with joy. I had a great teenage season that is when Christ stole my heart and I made some of the best friends of my life. But before Jesus invaded my life, it wasn't quite as peachy.
Like a lot of kids I fell to temptation, I tempted others, and according to my school record, I got to spend a lot of time in detention. I was a legitimate hot mess and I am so thankful for forgiveness, grace, and a God honoring family that prayed for me every single day.
Our teenagers need support, direction, discipline , and of course they need our love, but they also need our prayers.
Today's teen faces the same temptations everyone else faced, only they are easier to access. They are targeted through marketing like no time before. And because they are so immersed in the muddy water of our current culture of moral ambiguity, it may just be harder to be a teenager today than it has been in a long time.
So let's pray for our teens:
- Pray for strength in temptation
- Good friends to surround them
- The amazing people who minister to them in Churches throughout our community. (Especially Joel and Starlene Simmonds and our amazing Fuel Youth team who are doing such a fantastic job)
- Pray for thier safety in every way that they need it.
- Pray for Project 360 and the kids and workers who spend time there. Life has been tough for these kids, pray they take the opportunity to make a change.
- Pray for life defining spiritual transformation to occur, after all Jesus did change the world with a handful of teenagers who stood up and followed Him as He said "Come follow me.